Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Socktoberfest Questions

When did you start making socks? 2003 in February.
Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? I taught myself. No one else in the family knits.
What was your first pair? The Hiking Socks from the book "Socks, Socks, Socks"
How have they "held up" over time? They have been great. Mom, the sock snarf, got to them almost right away and she wears them and subsequent pairs often!
What would you have done differently? Nothing really, it was a learning experience. I was just glad they could be worn ok.
What yarns have you particularly enjoyed? My fav is ANNE. But a close second is Opal.
Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? I prefer DPNs hands down!
Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?) Flap. I can adjust it to my narrow heel much better and make a deeper heel for the men in the family.
How many pairs have you made? Almost 50 pair since 2003. I give them as Christmas gifts and only wear my handmade socks. I am a sock snob!

1 Comments:

Blogger Doogle Knits said...

I'm with you on the flap. I've tried to love the short-row heel but . . . can't. I finally managed to be able to knit them properly only to discover they aren't as great as I thought they'd be. I'll probably try to knit a few more but the flap is my favoriate.

08:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home