Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sockret Pal Questionnaire

How long have you been knitting?
Several years. I consider myself an intermediate knitter although socks I can probably knit in my sleep!

Provide shoe size?
I am a size 7 US

What colors do you love?
Earth tones, blues, jewel tones.

Solids and variegated are fine.

I love knitting with wool, silk, cashmere, alpaca, and blends of this type. Superwash wools are awesome because I really do wear my socks. I do not like novelty yarns or mohair. Hairy stuff makes me nervous. LOL
I don't mind synthetic as long as I can wear it against my skin.

I'll have to get back to you on the favorite vendors.

I am beginning to explore shawls. I like to knit sweaters I design myself. I like to do a touch of colorwork here and there. And I want to find a good knee sock pattern.

I don't like fuzzy stuff. It tickles my nose. LOL
And I dont like to wear yellow, orange or the seafoam green color of the 50's institutional kitchens.
I prefer the colors mentioned above and I will wear fushia, lime green and pink.

I like to work with wood and bamboo. Metal isnt bad. I dont like plastic it bends too much.
I like circulars and straights but no 14" straights.
Definately DPNs!!
I'll have to get back with you about things I dont have knitting notion-wise. I have to check.

The extras:
I like sweet and salty.
I dont have allergies to food although I am deathly allergic to horses.
Scents? I like light and natural like vanilla and black raspberry.
I'll get back to you on the collections, although one thing I do collect is antique knitting books.
My birthday is October 28th and I like pumpkins :)
I have a spinning wheel but not time to spin. If it comes down to the two, I will knit first everytime.
I like bags to put things in, small project types or big projects. But no plastic kinds. I dislike nylon-type stuff.
I'll get back with you on the rest of the extras stuff like authors/bad etc


I hope this helps. I never really thought about most of these questions before :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am your teaswap partner - and I don't think I've made any disastrous errors, now I've read all this, in what i've chosen for you! We'll see!

05:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home