Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What I Did On Sick Leave.....

Usually when I am sick, I sit in my chair and watch old CSIs, old movies, go through all 10 seasons of Stargate, and basically veg out in a BIG way. This time around I decided to knit the We Call Them Pirates hat. It was a pretty great knit. Although......... I do not recommend knitting it while on cough medicine. It took me forever to figure out the decreases at the top. And anyone who has knitted this knows that the graph is NOT a difficult graph. Unless you are zoned on cough medicine LOL

Of course, the first hat went to my son, who has proclaimed it to be the worlds best hat. He has of course requested the mittens to go with the it. And has told me in no uncertain terms that it's NOT a pirate hat. It's a SKULL hat. I guess it's a guy thing.



I felt the overpowering need to knit myself a pirate hat as well. BUT in keeping with the spirit of stash busting I found a nice skein of a pink/green heather I won at ReBelle (our LYS ) And made my own.


This is the work in progress. I loved the colors. The effect is kind of muted until the wearer moves. Then people realize just what the design is and think it's very cool. Dare I say nifty???



And of course here it is completed.

I am now working on the mittens and they are not so difficult. I'm using them to warm me up for the Anemoi Mittens! Whew. I bought the pattern at "See Eunny Knit!" and plan on working them up soon with some great fingering weight alpaca in my stash. But I think I will wait until the cough medicine is out of my system.

5 Comments:

Blogger Operakatz said...

Oooh girly pirate/skull hat! It's great in the softer colors!

06:23  
Blogger Sheila said...

I love both Pirate Hats. Especially the pink girly hat. You are the blog "in front" of mine on the Knitting Bloggers. How exciting is that!

10:03  
Blogger Abigail said...

OMG, you got a camera!!!! (girl jumping up and down with excitement!!!!!)

I love your pics.

Great work on the pink Pirate. A very clever variation on the theme!

19:44  
Blogger Sheila said...

I showed some friends at work (I am a neonatal Nurse practitioner) your two hats. And they loved them. I do too. The girly pink pirate hat is great!

02:21  
Blogger Ilix said...

Both hats are fantastic! good for you for making yourself one! what fun..... I am waiting for the yarn to come, then I am planning on 4! LOL

20:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home