Saturday, April 05, 2008

Yarn Harlot--Whew! I Barely Made It!

The basement flooded at my parents home during all this rain in Lexington. Now for a lot of people this doesnt sound like much. BUT this particular basement hasn't flooded since our family moved there in 1966***! And usually I wouldnt be too bent out of shape about it. HOWEVER it had to happen the AM of the Harlots annual visit to our fine city.
Not to worry. I got there! Albeit late, after the speaking. Just in time to be in the last of the line to get my books signed. It was a good thing.
Whew!

[*** I have no idea if this basement has EVER flooded before. But I do know at no time during the time my family has lived there. No. Flooding. Period. From 1966-2008. None. ]

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy... said...

Glad you made it -- you lucky duck! I would love to see her in person.

As for the basement flooding...lots of important stuff can get stashed away over that many years. So I understand your concern. Hope it was not too disastrous.

16:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home