Tuesday, April 01, 2008

OMG Knitting Content!

Last April when the Yarn Harlot was in town for a book signing I was working on my first Forest Canopy Shawl. She will be in Lexington this Saturday (a year later). I figured I had better block it and 'get'er done'!

The bed is where I block my big stuff. After this project I'm thinking that blocking wires and some kind of pad would be a better medium with which to work.



Hmmm...... Follow the blue lace road??

After all, it only takes 11 months for a shawl to cure properly before you can block it. Right??

7 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

It's lovely!

Now if we could only get you to post more often.

22:17  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL Abigail you are a slave driver!

01:27  
Blogger Kathy... said...

Oh so very pretty! What is is knit of? Looks just gorgeous!

I signed up for a "slow-bee" mystery shawl KAL. Yahoo group. We'll see how that goes.... LOL

I have the floor mats - the multi colored ones that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. $20 at Sams's club - and I love them. They are 24"x24"..and you can use as many or as few as you want for different sized projects.

07:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a project worth waiting for. LOL... I have projects that are that go on forever. And they aren't even lace. lol

14:10  
Blogger Knitting Magic Girl said...

It turned out great! I love the blue color and it'll be very nice on you.

14:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! I just started that very pattern. Hope mine turns out as well as yours did!

16:48  
Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

I gotta shame you more often!! That is stunning!

I blocked on my bed until I lost a pin inside of the mattress. Still sticks me now and then. :-\

10:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home